Media & Marketing
What market-related issues are worthwhile considering in an advertising campaign or product launch? How are your marketing policies affected by the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? Does influence marketing comply with the Marketing Act?
We provide advice on marketing issues based on marketing law requirements, specific requirements under special legislation such as the Radio and Television Act, legislation regarding names and images advertising, as well as lottery, alcohol and tobacco legislation, and GDPR. Our advice encompasses all stages from the preview of planned marketing policies and drafting contracts with market law considerations, to negotiations and discussions with authorities such as the Swedish Consumer Agency, and disputes with a market law focus. We can assist in identifying and clarifying potential risks and opportunities.
When it comes to media, we have extensive experience in assisting media companies, record companies, producers, production companies, agencies, rights holders and others regarding the types of contracts, standard agreements and sector-specific agreements that exist with regard to the production and distribution of films, television programs, radio programs, music, books, magazines, computer games and apps.
We provide advice in areas such as:
- Negotiation and drafting of collaboration agreements with advertising agencies, media suppliers and others
- Review of advertisements, competitions offering prizes, and other marketing instruments
- Marketing measures in social media, influence marketing etc.
- Handling of personal data and other data protection issues in marketing and media
- Developing guidelines and policies for marketing
- Negotiations and discussions with regulatory authorities, such as the Swedish Consumer Agency
- Media issues in business and corporate transfers
- Disputes relating to marketing and media law
- Advice and training regarding fraudulent and deceptive marketing practices